Tuesday, January 22, 2008



Dear Patsy,

Happy Birthday!! And many more.

I have so many fond memories of you-where do I begin? Glade and I have enjoyed so much our travels with you and Garth and hope there are others in the future.

I have such fond memories of the summer of 1959 when you and Joanne rode across the country with Glade and me, along with Deon who was 6 months old, when we went back to Ithaca, N.Y. I'll bet you remember many things about that summer, as well. I'm sure we were cramped in the car but you and Joanne never complained-at least not to us. You both "went with the flow" and we all had fun.

We tried to take you to as many places as our meager budget would allow. We went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant; we went picnicking and hiking in the state parks and gorges that dot the countryside in the Finger Lakes region. We did walking tours of the campus at Cornell University. You and Joanne even did some part time work.

When we left Rexburg we had no idea how we were going to get you back home, then the opportunity came for you to ride back with Betty & Larry Yager who were driving west to go to the temple. You had some "choice" experiences on that ride---yah?? You were with us for 2 months and we were so lonely when you left. That was a wonderful summer for us.

I'm sure mother missed you that summer but we were so grateful to mom and dad for letting you come. You are a wonderful sister and you light up the lives of all those who know you. Thanks for being you!! (Don't you ever grow up!!) We love you more than words can say!

Karen & Glade

No comments: