Tuesday, January 22, 2008



Dear Patsy,


It has been so fun to be your brother. Thank you for EVERYTHING! You have been so generous with your time, your talents, your means...you have been a wonderful example. You have been so generous with you love. Thank you for being my sister.


As I think back on the times you have touched my life, I can only begin to remember all the good memories you have made for me. I'm going to mention a few-but for each of these, there were ten more. You've helped to make my life happy. I remember when you let me borrow your Rambler American convertible. That was such a cute little car, and it was so fun to show off to my friends. I remember the sweater you knit for me when I was in high school. I didn't have many sweaters-but that one was my favorite. I wore it, and wore it, and wore it! I thought it was neat. After I nearly wore it out, we shortened the sleeves on it and it was almost like I had a new sweater again. I remember how proud I was when I was on my mission in New Plymouth, N.Z. and you and Garth came and visited me. It was fun to visit you in Samoa on my way home. I always felt special bond, because we were in the South Pacific at the same time. You gave us a Christmas tree skirt for a Christmas present (early in our marriage), and we still use it to this day. Every time we decorate our tree and numerous times every Christmas season, we thing of you when we see it under our tree.


We have save the wedding card you made for us when we were married-it was so clever, and we know you made it with love. These are only a few of the many memories you have touched our lives with.


More recently, you came to you home weekly, for many, many weeks, to add a little sunshine to Marlas lonely days. She love you as her own sister, and I love you more still, because of your generous sharing of your time and talents. You have been such a bright example of Christ like love. Than you, Patsy, for brightening our lives with your friendship and love. (also, thanks for all those batches of bread)!!


Another memory that is special is when you showed up at the hospital in your clown outfit and sang Happy Birthday to me. I was proud to be your brother on that day-and always.


You have also instilled in your children, love and respect for your brothers and sisters. Your children have ALWAYS treated us with love and respect, and that has meant more to us than I can explain.


Thank you, Patsy, for all you have done for me and Marla. There has never been any doubt about your love for us, and we love you more than words can express. We love you Very, very much and hope you have many more Happy Birthdays!


We love you!

Cecil & Marla


Dear Patsy,

I just wanted you to know I am sure glad to have the privilege of being related to you. You are an AWSOME sister. I must have done something right to be born into the wonderful family that I have. You have always set a good example for me and been there if and when I needed you. I remember that life was never dull with you and Joanne around. I am proud of you, I look up to you, I admire you, and I love you. Thank you for being you.

Love, Craig

No comments: