Wednesday, January 23, 2008



Dear Patsy,

When Marianne asked me to write a letter for her "Birthday Project", I felt a bit overwhelmed! So many things came to my mind! I thought "Will I have to write a book to express my many thoughts and great appreciation for such a one as you?"

I'll start right off by saying that I hope you have a birthday of joy and contentment. Though there are many miles between you and your children, siblings, etc may you feel close and warm knowing how very much you are loved!

Life in Shelley will never be the same without you and I'm not just saying that. It came straight from the mouths of several people in your ward and landed in my ears.

I think I know why. There are several reasons that come to mind, rather readily, that I will mention. You make an impact on people you associate with because of your friendly outgoing nature. You see the goodness in others and accept them, warts and all for what they are.

I've always felt very comfortable with you because I know your not judging me for my faults. I don't have to keep any "skeletons in the closet" because I know you don't think less of me for my weaknesses.

I appreciate your great and constant sense of humor and positive attitude. After being with you I have better digestion because we usually have some good laughs. Then life seems good-more hopeful, more worthwhile, less overwhelming, more enjoyable.

I've noticed how hard you work to accomplish goals-and how persistent you are even when you get weary. For example you put a lot of effort into making home improvements, doing your bellows business, and gardening.

Even more important, you've gone the extra mile giving unconditional support and security to your children and grandchildren. You know what really counts. I'm thinking of the Grandma Box, the overnights, the clown thing (well, maybe that would fit better into the humor paragraph) the countless trips to Nevada, to Salt Lake and many other things of which I am not aware.

Not least, by any means, is your firm testimony of Christ and also your devotion to the Gospel. You have the love of Christ in you heart and it overflows to all around you. And you know what? We all love you back!

When you were born you were a beautiful baby and so precious. Those qualities just keep growing.

Thanks for being an example to follow-in so many ways!

I love you,

Maureen

No comments: